Summer convention season is upon us! As throngs of fans gear up for LineCon and pack extra water and deodorant for those long days, we want to know: what are your thoughts on panels?
- Are panels an important part of your con-going experience? Why or why not?
- What draws your attention to a panel (excluding obvious big draws like celebrity panels)?
- What have been some of your favorites over the years? Your least favorite?
- What kinds of topics would you like to see covered in a panel, but just can’t seem to find?
- Have you seen feminist-themed panels in the past, and have their approaches been more helpful or harmful?
And hey! If you’re going to be at Otakon, you’ll be able to say hi to a lot of the staff there. You can even see our own Caitlin‘s “Awesome Women Making Anime” and “Romance and Abuse in Shoujo Manga” panels and Lauren‘s “Gunpla is Freedom” panel!
At this stage, we have raised enough money to be able to pay for contributed posts, behind the scenes admin, and audio editing for weekly podcasts. Our next goal is to pay the editors who have worked on AniFem as volunteers since before launch, making enormous contributions for no pay. Help us pay them for their work at a rate of $15 an hour by becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month!