It turns out that Neverland isn’t a place that anyone really wants to be.
On November 24, the official The Promised Neverland anime website updated with ten cast members and several new staffers.
We break the details down below.
The series will add the following:
- Mom Isabella: Yuko Kaida
- Sister Krone: Nao Fujita
- Don: Shinei Ueki
- Gilda: Lynn
- Phil: Hiyori Kono
- Nat: Shizuka Ishigami
- Anna: Ai Kayano
- Thoma: Mari Hino
- Lannion: Yuuko Mori
- Connie: Ari Ozawa
The following crew members were confirmed:
- Screenplay: Toshiya Ono
- Animation Director: Kazuaki Shimada
- Prop Design: Hiroki Itai
- Art Setting: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Shūichi Ōkubo (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Kayoko Tomono (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Miho Norisue (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama (Atelier Musa)
- Color Design: Kazuko Nakashima
- Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Shiokawa (T2Studio)
- CGI Director: Akira Fukuda
- Editor: Rie Matsubara (Seyama Henshūshitsu)
- Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
The Promised Neverland will air on Fuji TV’s late-night noitaminA block in January 2019. The series will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime in Japan.
Memoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied, Sound of the Sky) will direct the series at Cloverworks, with Kazuaki Shimada (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara) providing character designs. Toshiya Ono (Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga, Gatchaman CROWDS) is in charge of series composition.
Takahiro Obata (One Piece Film Gold) will score the soundtrack.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Emma: Sumire Morohoshi
- Norman: Maaya Uchida
- Ray: Mariya Ise
Kaiu Shirai and illustrator Posuka Demizu’s The Promised Neverland launched in the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump on August 1, 2016. The series currently spans nine volumes, with volume 10 slated to ship to stores on August 3.
Viz Media currently holds the rights to the series in North America. They describe the title as:
In THE PROMISED NEVERLAND, Emma, Norman, and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn—what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.
Source: Comic Natalie