This cast needs no revisions.
Earlier today, the official Revisions anime website updated with a new key visual and trailer, as well as several cast members.
We break the details down below.
The trailer introduces the show’s major story, with character dialogue delivering the major story beats. Theme song Wagamama de Gomakasanaide (Don’t go mad with Greed) by the Oral Cigarettes kicks in at the 1:15 mark.
the image features the main cast members standing on the ruins of a school building. The crumbling city can be seen along the horizon behind them.
The series will add the following:
- Kanae Izumi: Yuka Terasaki
- Mikio Dōjima: Takahiro Sakurai
- Ryōhei Kuroiwa: Masaki Terasoma
- Seiichirō Muta: Nobuo Tobita
- Yumiko Yazawa: Aya Endo
Revisions will stream worldwide on Netflix, though a specific timeframe has yet to be announced. The show will hit Japanese TV in January 2019 as part of Fuji TV’s “+Ultra” block.
Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Planetes) will helm the project at Shirogumi, with Jun Shirai providing character designs. Makoto Fukami (Berserk 2016, Yuruyuri San Hai!) and Taichi Hashimoto will collaborate on series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Work: S.F.S
- Original Character Designs: Sunao Chikaoka
- CG Director: Takamitsu Hirakawa
- Mecha Design: Yōhei Arai
- BG Concept Artist: Makoto Shirata
- Matte Paint Director: Yutaka Ōnishi
- Art, Setting: Ryū Sakamoto
- Color Design: Akemi Nagao
- Director of Photography: Kazuhiko Takahashi
- Editing: Akari Saitō
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Azusa Kikuchi
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Daisuke Dojima: Koki Uchiyama
- Miro: Mikako Komatsu
- Chang Gai Steiner: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Chang Lu Steiner: Rie Takahashi
- Marin Temari: Manaka Iwami
- Keisuke Asano: Soma Saito
- Chiharu Isurugi: Yoko Hikasa
- Mukyu Isurugi: Yukari Tamura
- Nicholas Sato: Houchu Otsuka
The site describes the plot as:
“This is a prophecy, a time of crisis will fall upon the five of you someday. At that time, you will protect everybody.”
Daisuke Dojima is a second-year high school student, who was abducted as a child. He, along with his friends Gai, Lū, Marimari, and Keisaku, find themselves wrapped up in a mysterious phenomenon known as “Shibuya Drift.”
The central area of Shibuya was transported 300 years into the “future.” There, a vast wasteland awaited as a forest dotted with ruins… and future humans called “Revisions.” They will need to work with the Revisions to operate giant mechanical monsters.
A girl named Milo, who has the same name as the person who kidnapped Daisuke, appears to help Shibuya, which is being overrun by monsters that have mysteriously appeared. She tells Daisuke that only he can operate the “doll weapon String Puppet” to protect the city.
Daisuke soldiers on, upholding Milo’s prophecy to protect everybody. And though the power Daisuke obtained was a reason for rejoice, the bonds of these five childhood friends are tested.
Isolated city. Unknown enemy. Predictions of uncertain past and destiny.
Boys and girls fight the future, to regain the “now” and return to their original era.