On October 23, Netflix started streaming a new trailer for Levius. The two-minute teaser introduces the cast, and sheds some light on the past of the titular Levius.
Netflix will stream Levius worldwide as a Netflix Original on November 28.
Keisuke Ide will direct the project at Polygon Pictures, with Yuki Moriyama (Ajin, Knights of Sidonia) providing character designs. Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100, Banana Fish) is in charge of series composition for the project.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Director: Hiroyuki Seshita
- Music: Yuugo Kanno
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Art Director: Yuuki Hatakeyama
- Color Design: Hironori Noochi
- Scripts: Hiroshi Seko
- Scripts: Kenta Ihara
- Production Design: Naoya Tanaka
- Production Design: Ferdinando Patulli
- Director of Photography: Mitsunori Kataama
- CGI Supervisor: Takeshi Iwata
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Levius Cromwell: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Zachs Cromwell: Junichi Suwabe
- Bill Weinberg: Takahiro Sakurai
- Natalia Garnet: Ayane Sakura
- Malcolm Eden: Houchu Ohtsuka
- Hugo Stratas: Daisuke Ono
- Mysterious Gorgeous Woman: Saori Hayami
- Dr. Crown: Mamoru Miyano
Haruhisa Nakata’s Levius manga launched in Shogakukan’s Ikki magazine in 2012. The series spans five compiled volumes, with the latest volume hitting Japanese retailers on April 19, 2018.
Viz Media holds the rights to the title in North America. They describe the it as:
It’s the 19th Century and the world has entered the Era of Rebirth, recovering from the devastating flames of war. The sport of Mechanical Martial Arts has galvanized many nations. Cybernetically augmented fighters turn their blood into steam and their bodies into brutal fighting—and killing—machines. Young Levius is one of those arena battlers, hellbent on winning so he can simply survive.
Source: YouTube (Netflix)