Earlier today, the official website for Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara updated with a new trailer and poster visual. We break the details down below.
The 94-second promo previews the film’s base concept, as Ryota Katayose and Rina Kawaei narrate in-character as Minato and Hinako, respectively. Theme song Brave New Story by GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE kicks in at the one-minute mark.
The new visual features Hinako, surfing on a sunny beach as she reaches out to Minato, who is trapped in a wave.
Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara will hit Japanese theaters on June 21, 2019.
Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby, Lu Over The Wall, Night Is Short, Walk On Girl), is directing the feature at his Science Saru studio. Reiko Yoshida (AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue, Girls und Panzer) is writing the screenplay, while Michiru Oshima (Little Witch Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist) scores the soundtrack.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Minato Hinageshi: Ryota Katayose
- Hinako Mukaimizu: Rina Kawaei
- Masayo Kawamura: Kentaro Ito
- Yōko Hinageshi: Honoka Matsumoto
The film will be a romantic comedy, which tells the tale of a surfer and college student and a firefighter. According to Yuasa, the film will “begin on an unexpected note,” and that there will be scenes which show the juxtaposition of fire and water.
The two main characters are:
- Hinako Mukaimizu: A 19-year-old university student who loves surfing. Though she has a carefree and cheerful personality, Hinako secretly has doubts about her future.
- Minato Hinageshi: A 21-year-old firefighter with a powerful sense of justice. Gifted with great dexterity and a strong work ethic, he appears to be able to handle any task.
Source: Comic Natalie