Earlier today, J-Novel Club launched their Kickstarter to produce a print edition for the Invaders of the Rokujouma!? light novels. The campaign intends to fund the production of ten omnibus volumes. The books will include all thirty-one volumes of the title, plus volumes 7.5 and 8.5.
The Kickstarter, which aims to raise $50,000 by November 6 at 3:00PM EST, reached its funding goal within the first twenty-four hours of operation. The campaign currently stands at $56,455 across 215 backers, with an average contribution of $262.58 per backer.
Current reward tiers include:
- $2: Digital Wallpaper & Avatar
- $20: Digital Art Book plus all rewards at $2 level
- $25: Physical volume of backer’s choice, plus all rewards at $2 level
- $30: Digital Artbook, Physical Artbook, plus all rewards at $2 level
- $30: Two (2) B-3 posters of backer’s choice, Two (2) bookmarks of backer’s choice, Digital Drama CD / ePub Script plus all rewards at $25 level (Limited 100)
- $35: All rewards at $30 (limited) level
- $40: Physical artbook, plus all rewards at $30 (unlimited) level
- $250: Complete set of physical books, plus all rewards at $30 (unlimited) level
- $300: All B3-sized posters, all bookmarks, Two collector’s boxes (Stretch Goal), Digital Drama CD (Stretch goal), Physical drama CD (Stretch goal), Complete set of physical books, plus all rewards at $2 level
- $500: Signed volume, plus all rewards at $300 level (Limited 30)
- $750: Shikishi by illustrator Poco, plus all rewards at $500 level (Limited 10)
- $1,000: Attend a party at Hobby Japan headquarters, plus all rewards at $750 level (Limited 5)
- $5,000: Dinner with author & framed letter of thanks from Hobby Japan, plus all rewards at $1,000 level (Limited 1)
Three stretch goals are currently confirmed:
- $55,000: Collector’s Boxes
- $70,000: Digital Drama CDs
- $85,000: Physical Drama CDs
Invaders of the Rokujouma?! is an original title from Takehaya and Poco. The title made its debut under Hobby Japan’s label in March 2009. The title spans thirty-one volumes, plus two “in-between” volumes (7.5 and 8.5).
J-Novel Club describes the series as:
Just starting high school, Koutarou is moving out on his own to take some of the burden off of his widower father. Lucky for him, he’s found a room at Corona House. It has a great landlord, it’s not too far from school, and best of all, it’s dirt cheap. It really is perfect… except for the strange girls that keep appearing to try and take it over! But even as room 106 turns into a battlefield, Koutarou isn’t willing to give up his apartment without a good fight. The invasion begins!
Invaders of the Rokujouma?! received a 12-episode anime series, which aired during the Summer 2014 broadcast season. Shin Oonuma (Baka and Test – Summon the Beasts, Watamote) directed the show at Silver Link, with Hideki Furukawa (Watamote, Magic of Stella) providing character designs. Shogo Yasukawa (Terraformars, Chivalry of a Failed Knight) was in charge of series composition.
Sentai Filmworks currently holds the license for the Invaders of the Rokujouma?! anime series.
Source: J-Novel Club (Email Communication)