Through the power of anime, fans will be able to get a glimpse of modern China.
Earlier today, the Shikioriori anime film’s official website updated with a key visual and a teaser trailer. We break the details down below:
The 90-second promo offers a brief look at the film in action, passing over the three stories as theme song WALK by Vickeblanka plays in the background. The feature includes a brief preview of the character dialogue.
The visual features a shot of a street, which includes scenes and characters from the three stories arranged across three buildings.
Shikioriori hits Japanese theaters on August 4.
The project, which is a co-production between CoMix Wave Films and Haoliners, will be an anthology film that covers three short stories. The three tales will focus around three core themes: food, clothing, and shelter. Each will also take place in a different Chinese city.
The features are as follows:
- Hidamari no Chōshoku (Sunny Breakfast)
- Chiisana Fashion Show (A Small Fashion Show)
- Shanghai Koi (Shanghai Love)
Hidamari no Chōshoku
Director: Jiaoshou Yi Xiaoxing
Tells the tales of a young person working in Beijing, and a grandmother from the youth’s hometown.
Chiisana Fashion Show
Director: Yoshitaka Takeuchi
A tale of sisters living in Guangzhou.
Director: Li Haolin
An homage to Makoto Shinkai’s 5 Centimeters Per Second, set in the 1990s.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Shaomin (Hidamari no Chōshoku): Taito Ban
- Irin (Chiisana Fashion Show): Minako Kotobuki
- Lulu (Chiisana Fashion Show): Haruka Shiraishi
- Steve (Chiisana Fashion Show): Hiroki Yasumoto
- Rimo (Shanghai Koi): Takeo Ōtsuka
- Shiaoyu (Shanghai Koi): Ikumi Hasegawa
Source: Comic Natalie