It’s a story about a merc… sounds straightforward enough.
On September 14, the official Merc Storia anime website updated with a teaser trailer, as well as two cast members, several staffers, and a premiere date.
We break the details down below.
The 82-second promo introduces the major concept and voice cast, with character dialogue providing the major story beats.
The new staffers include:
- Supervision: Happy Elements KK
- General Director: Yukiko Akiyama
- General Director: Sakae Shibuya
- General Director: Hirotoshi Arai
- Monster Design: Hideki Fukushima
- Monster Design: Kerorira
- Prop Design: Mahiru Shintani
- Color Design: Kunio Tsujita
- Assistant Color Design: Masaki Ōba
- Art Director: Yumiko Kuga (Studio Jaekku)
- 2D Works: Yūki Yomogida
- Director of Photography: Osamuware Matsumoto (松本乃吾)
- Editor: Akari Saito (Graphicnica)
- Music Production: Mili
The series will add the following:
- Toto: Yumiri Hanamori
- Jamo: Chō
Merc Storia will air on October 11. The premiere schedule is as follows (all times JST):
- Tokyo MX: 10/11/2018 at 23:30 (10/11/2018 at 11:30 PM)
- KBS Kyoto: 10/11/2018 at 25:00 (10/12/2018 at 1:00 AM)
- AT-X: 10/11/2018 at 22:30 (10/11/2018 at 10:30 PM)
Fumitoshi Oizaki (AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue, Romeo x Juliet) will direct the project at Happy Elements Asia Pacific with Yukiko Akiyama (Puzzle & Dragons X, Black Cat) providing character designs. The team of Fumitoshi Oizaki, Hiroki Uchida (Gamers!), and Hitomi Amamiya (Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan) are in charge of series composition, while Hirotoshi Arai provides sub-character designs.
Merc storia is based on Happy Elements’s smartphone game of the same name. The title launched on iOS and Android in Japan in 2014.