From Minmay to Ranka Lee, all of fans’ favorites will be taking the stage in June.
Earlier today, Macross Delta fans flocked to Tokyo for the “Walküre Senjō no Premium Live Event at Toyosu Pit” concert. During the show, it was announced that a pair of Macross concerts will be held on June 1 and 2 at Chiba’s Makuhari Messe convention center.
The concerts, which are named the “Macross Crossover Live 2019 at Makuhari Messe”, will feature singers from across the franchise’s 30-year history.
The confirmed performer lineup includes:
- Mari Iijima (Lynn Minmay, Super Dimension Fortress
- Yoshiki Fukuyama (Basara Nekki, Macross 7)
- Chie Kajiura (Mylene JeniusMacross 7)
- May’n (Sheryl Nome, Macross Frontier)
- Megumi Nakajima (Ranka Lee, Macross Frontier)
- JUNNA (Mikumo Guynemer, Macross Delta)
- Kiyono Yasuno (Kaname Buccaneer, Macross Delta)
- Nozomi Nishida (Makina Nakajima, Macross Delta)
- Nao Toyama (Reina Prowler, Macross Delta)
A lottery for potential ticket-buyers is currently available via the Macross homepage.
Macross Delta is the latest entry into the long-running Macross franchise. The series, which debuted in April 2016, was directed by Kenji Yasuda (Noein – to your other self) at Satelight, with series creator Shoji Kawamori serving as chief director. The team of Majiro (Barakamon) and Yuu Shindou (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) provided character designs for the project, while also serving as chief animation directors. Toshizo Nemoto (Log Horizon) will supervised and provided scripts.
Gekijō-ban Macross Delta: Gekijō no Walkūre, a compilation film, hit Japanese theaters on February 9.