It looks like we’re welcoming two new people to the court.
Earlier today, the official Harukana Receive anime website updated with a key visual and two new cast members.
We break the details down below.
The image features two new characters, Mai Sunagawa and Ai Tanahara in the midst of a tense game.
The series will add the following:
- Mai Sunagawa: Riko Koike
- Ai Tanahara: Akira Kitou
Harukana Receive hits Japanese TV on July 6. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- AT-X: 7/6/2018 at 21:00 (7/6/2018 at 9:00PM)
- KBS Kyoto: 7/6/2018 at 25:40 (7/7/2018 at 1:40AM)
- Tokyo MX: 7/6/2018 at 25:40 (7/7/2018 at 1:40AM)
- TV Aichi: 7/7/2018 at 26:50 (7/8/2018 at 2:50AM)
- BS11: 7/7/2018 at 27:00 (7/8/2018 at 3:00AM)
- Sun TV: 7/7/2018 at 25:30 (7/8/2018 at 1:30AM)
- TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting: 7/8/2018 at 26:35 (7/9/2018 at 2:35AM)
- Ryukyu Broadcasting: 7/15/2018 at 25:40 (7/16/2018 at 1:40AM)
Toshiyuki Kubooka (Berserk: The Golden Age) was tapped to direct Harukana Receive at studio C2C, with Takeshi Oda (Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki 4, Oneechan ga Kita) filling the dual role of character designer and chief animation director. Touko Machida (DIVE!!, Lucky Star) is in charge of series composition and scripts for the project.
The series will star the following:
- Haruka Okura: Kana Yuuki
- Kanata Higa: Saki Miyashita
- Claire Thomas: Atsumi Tanezaki
- Akari Ōshiro: Chisa Kimura
- Emily Thomas: Rie Suegara
- Narumi Tōi: Miyuri Shimabukuro
- Ayasa Tachibana: Kanae Itō
Nyoijizai’s Harukana Receive manga launched in the pages of Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Forward in August 2015. The series spans four collected volumes, with the most recent shipping to retailers on September 12. Seven Seas currently holds the license for the title in the west, and intends to release the first volume in September 2018.
Seven Seas describes the title as:
When high schooler Haruka moves to Okinawa, she finds herself enamored with the beach right outside her front door and resolves to form a volleyball team with her cousin, Kanata. However, because she’s so short, Kanata gave up on volleyball ages ago. Can Haruka get her to take up the sport again in time for the junior tournament?
Source: Twitter (pKjd)