It looks like this tourney’s going to be leading off the season.
Earlier today, the official Hanebad! anime website updated with a new key visual and the show’s premiere schedule.
We break the details down below:
The new image features the main cast in their uniforms, holding rackets. They’re standing against a red and blue striped background.
The series will hit Japanese TV on July 1. The full premiere schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 7/1/2018 at 24:00 (7/2/2018 at Midnight)
- Kansai TV: 7/1/2018 at 25:55 (7/2/2018 at 1:55AM)
- BS 11: 7/1/2018 at 24:00 (7/2/2018 at Midnight)
- AT-X: 7/1/2018 at 24:00 (7/2/2018 at Midnight)
A screening event will be held on June 24 at the Tokyo’s Toho Cinemas Hibiya.
Shinpei Ezaki (Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas, Monster Strike The Movie) was tapped to direct the project at Liden Films, with Satoshi Kimura (Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor, Terraformars) providing character designs. Taku Kishimoto (Bunny Drop, Haikyu!!) is in charge of series composition.
YURiKA will perform the show’s opening theme, while Yuiko Ōhara provides the closing theme.
Other key staffers include:
- Music: Tatsuya Katō
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
The series will star the following:
- Ayano Hanesaki: Hitomi Ohwada
- Nagisa Aragaki: Miyuri Shimabukuro
- Kentarō Tachibana: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Riko Izumi: Yuuna Mimura
- Erena Fujisawa: Konomi Kohara
- Uraka Hanesaki: Sayaka Ohara
- Miyako Tarōmaru: Mikako Komatsu
- Connie Christensen: Mariya Ise
- Kaoruko Serigaya: Asami Shimoda
- Nozomi Ishizawa: Arisa Sakuraba
- Yuika Shiwahime: Ai Kayano
Hanebad! launched in the pages of Kodansha’s good! Afternoon magazine in 2013. The ongoing title currently spans eleven compiled volumes, with the most recent hitting retailers in October 2017. A side story novel by Yūichi Mochizuki (with illustrations by Hamada) will be released under Kodansha’s main imprint on June 29.
Manga resource Baka-Updates describes the title as:
Tachibana Kentarou is a high-school badminton coach who has a lot more enthusiasm than some of the members of his very small team. One day, he meets the quiet-voiced student Hanesaki Ayano, who is effortlessly physically capable and experienced in badminton. He tries to recruit her, but she seems to have no interest in the sport at all. Due to a series of circumstances, she eventually ends up joining the team. Coach Tachibana is determined that with her on board, they’ll be champions!