Earlier today, Aniplex of America announced that they acquired the rights to The Promised Neverland. The publisher will stream the series on Hulu, FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, and HIDIVE, starting January 9.
Aniplex also started streaming a new subtitled teaser trailer for the show, which highlights the sinister undertones of the Grace Field House orphanage.
Memoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied, Sound of the Sky) will direct the series at Cloverworks, with Kazuaki Shimada (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara) providing character designs. Toshiya Ono (Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga, Gatchaman CROWDS) is in charge of series composition.
Takahiro Obata (One Piece Film Gold) will score the soundtrack. Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Toshiya Ono
- Animation Director: Kazuaki Shimada
- Prop Design: Hiroki Itai
- Art Setting: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Shūichi Ōkubo (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Kayoko Tomono (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Miho Norisue (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama (Atelier Musa)
- Color Design: Kazuko Nakashima
- Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Shiokawa (T2Studio)
- CGI Director: Akira Fukuda
- Editor: Rie Matsubara (Seyama Henshūshitsu)
- Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Emma: Sumire Morohoshi
- Norman: Maaya Uchida
- Ray: Mariya Ise
- Isabella: Yuko Kaida
- Krone: Nao Fujita
- Don: Shinei Ueki
- Gilda: Lynn
- Phil: Hiyori Kono
- Nat: Shizuka Ishigami
- Anna: Ai Kayano
- Thoma: Mari Hino
- Lannion: Yuko Mori
- Conny: Ari Ozawa
Kaiu Shirai and illustrator Posuka Demizu’s The Promised Neverland launched in the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump on August 1, 2016. The series currently spans nine volumes, with volume 10 slated to ship to stores on August 3.
Viz Media currently holds the rights to the series in North America. They describe the title as:
In THE PROMISED NEVERLAND, Emma, Norman, and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn—what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.