As we reach the end of Black History Month in the US and Canada, let’s celebrate and signal-boost the contributions of black fans in English-speaking Japanese pop culture fandom.
- Which are your favorite images from #28DaysofBlackCosplay?
- Which black creators do you think everyone should be following on social media?
- Which black artists create fanart and/or anime/manga-influenced art you love?
- Which black writers in western fandom create articles you want to see read more widely?
- Which posts about the experience of being black in Japan and/or in western fandom do you recommend?
- Are you a black fan who wants to promote your work, recommend resources for other black fans, or simply share your experience in the comments? (Shout out to Minami Sakai, an independent manga artist who gave us an interview shortly after we launched!)
Please credit all creators and link to their own sites and/or social media accounts!
Thanks to our generous patrons we are now able to pay all writers! Next we need to be able to pay members of the team for their work behind the scenes, especially their time spent editing the work of paid contributors. If you appreciate our work, believe in paying people fairly and can spare just $1 a month please become a patron today!